At the moment I would like to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Enviornment), which is oriented in the direction of the well-known Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For those who never played DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game concept I will clarify it intimately:
League of Legends would not put high requirements on your PCs. You need not less than:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free exhausting disk area, - DSL or related
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on where you live. You may as well create an account on US while dwelling in Europe however you will experience greater pings then. I offer you a link to create an account in my creator's bio. Choose a reputation (always the hardest half) and a nice picture and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 players (there are more game modes, but they are not necessary to start with because as a newbie it is best to begin with 5vs5 to learn the gameplay). Earlier than each match you all choose a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant on your private preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, a bit of boy riding on a Yeti, a brave knight and plenty of more.All in all there are more than eighty (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Every champions has 4 completely different talents (3 regular and one extra strong, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has since the beginning. You study the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is 18 which implies that you've got 5 factors in every regular skill and 3 in your ultimate.
You obtain experience for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or neutral monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
To start with you usually play whatever you like, later it's useful to speak with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the same kind.
The completely different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means means power, they mainly deal magical damage with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Injury, they primarily deal physical harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are arduous to kill and shield their own carries, for instance by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They've either buffs or heals to assist their carries and keep them alive)
5. Junglers (They do not start in the lane but in the jungle and help their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting level is: Relying on the gadgets you equip on your champions they are typically able to meet totally different roles!
To start with you don't have own champions, however every week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you should buy more champions with affect factors (IP) in the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has 3 totally different lanes, which lead from your personal to the enemy base. On these lanes there are a number of Towers which you could destroy before you possibly can attack the bottom itself. As a assist your important constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves briefly intervals which assist you to in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", where neutral monsters are located. When you kill these you obtain gold and/or short-term buffs.
As quickly because the match begins everyone has a couple of minute to spend his starting capital on objects in the shop.
This doesn't take long since you don't have a lot gold within the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold within the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (here it is very important give them the final blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several objects which grant you additional earnings (the so referred to as gold/5 objects -> they give you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
In the event you destroy the enemy most important constructing (Nexus) your team wins. For being able to assault the Nexus, nevertheless, you have to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on no less than one lane and the two towers which defend the Nexus. So it's not the best thought to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 in case you do not push the lanes at the identical time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, not often greater than an hour. As soon as the match reaches minute 20 it is usually possible to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") where it's important to capture and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner degree 30 (clarification follows) during which you receive an Elo count relying in your wins and losses. For inexperienced persons I extremely advocate the traditional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends tee shirts
of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You do not solely choose a reputation and a picture for yourself (you're a so known as "summoner", don't combine it up with the "champions") however you're additionally able to level up your self and purchase small buffs with Influence Points (IP).